Monday, May 09, 2005

Some Media Comments

1) This outs me for the complete loser that I've become, sitting at home on a Friday night, and I swear to God there was not a bottle of Johnnie Walker Black clutched in my little tree-frog hand, but did anyone besides me catch "Dateline" on Friday night? There were Bill Clinton & George Bush (41), all chummy-like, there to discuss their Tsunami Relief joint-venture, and (I am not making this up) Bush said this about Clinton: "I will never criticize him on policy again." For a second there, I wanted to grab my copy of Friday's New York Times to make sure the headline didn't read "Peace Declared Around the World." And in a release from the White House today, Bush Sr. said (I swear, folks, you can't make this stuff up), "President Clinton was a joy to work with."

2) Since we can't escape poor, bug-eyed Jennifer Wilbanks no matter what we do, I can't resist adding my two cents to the media pile-on. One thing occurred to me when she first disappeared. Did anyone take a really good look at that guy she's engaged to? That is a scary, scary man. Sleeping-with-the-enemy scary. Am I the only one who noticed this?

1 Comments:

At 5/16/2005 12:58 PM, Blogger CocteauBoy said...

FIrst; MANY stay home on a Friday night and chill out after a long week... and if you's callin' me a LOOSuh, yoo gonna git it!

Second; Do you really think we can believe Bush on ANYTHING? Either he's become senile or he has a social advantage by making his statements.

Third; That husband just looks like a wigged out doof. He doesn't look scary to me at all... Although, that's exactly the kind of person of whom it turns out that you SHOULD have been scared!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home