Monday, October 10, 2005

I almost forgot!

In the midst of all my arduous tasks this weekend (the most arduous being me plonking my ass into the big chair and watching Rod saw and hammer), I realized that I had literally run out of things to watch On-Demand.

No more episodes of Sex and the City, no more Six Feet Under, no more Sopranos, no more Bill Maher, no more The Comeback, no more Dead Like Me.

On a Saturday night, for me, that's like White Castle saying they were out of hamburgers.

So, hmmm, I said to myself in my two-beer buzzed brain, let me try out this little series on Showtime I've been hearing about....

Check it out.

Weeds. Mary Louise Parker is BRILLIANT, and Romany Malco is HOT, HOT, HOT. The most pleasant surprise for me, though was Elizabeth Perkins. Watch it.

Make sure you inhale.

2 Comments:

At 10/12/2005 1:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! I'm surprised you like that show! I couldn't watch it anymore. I tried. I sat through three episodes, which is what I feel is a fair chance for a series. Maybe five is better, but I could barely get through those three. I think I would either have had to have have done drugs, or would neet to be ON drugs, to really appreciate the series. I found the dialogue strained, the acting robotic, and the story line to be sedating. Watching people compete, struggle, writhe, and be all dramatic all in the name of a plant just left me feeling drained.

Next time you are in your two-beer haze, call me... I don't want you to suffer from DTVN (desperate tv night) ever again! We could have gone and done some crack and had a real damn good time, dammit!

HEE HEE

YKW

 
At 10/12/2005 1:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good God, what with all of the typos in that last entry, one might think I was high!

LOL!

YKW

 

Post a Comment

<< Home