Friday, November 25, 2005

But that doesn't mean I haven't been a-thinkin'

OK. Something happened here -- I seem to have lost the little icons at the top of the create posting field that allow me to do formatting as I write -- you know, all of the important things like hotlinks and font settings. It must have something to do with switching over to a mac platform. Which, for the record, I love as if I could kiss it.

But I have been keeping my little notebook with me and jotting down notes as things occur to me, just in case I am inspired to blog about it. So I have this notebook filled with random words that could be haiku unto themselves.

Here is a stream-of-consciousness transcription of some of the things I've jotted: "Chop wood, carry water. People are alcoholics because they drink too much. I was embarrassed to be white! The Day the Catlicks lost me. Om padme mani clean. Government borrowing depresses private investment. Closure is bullshit psychobabble term describing intangible *thing* that people actually believe they are entitled to...to everyone who has ever whined, "I need to have closure on this" - shut the fuck up. [I must have been eavesdropping on the subway to prompt that!] Handsome John on the subway. The genericization of Helll's Kitchen. Jonathan Leaf is an unbelievable moron...the Springsteen song title is "because the night" not "bring on the night." and he calls himself a music critic? CS Lewis said "No one ever told me grief felt so like fear."

I think I will indulge in a few curmudgeonly posts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home